Last updated on November 18, 2022
How to: Create a new primary feed in your Google Merchant Center
In this article we will guide you through the steps of creating a new primary feed in your Google Merchant Center. An important step is adding the feed label. This step is now optional and displayed as an ‘advanced’ option. But, if you don’t fill out any value, Google will put a ‘-’ in the field. This can cause problems, for example if the feed label in the merchant center is different from the one in your campaigns there will be no products in your campaign. So, you want to make sure that you add the appropriate Feed Label values when creating a new primary feed.
Below you find the steps to perform the following tasks:
- How to correctly set up a Primary Feed in your Merchant Center
- How to check whether a (correct) Feed Label is added
- How to select the Feed Label in your Google Ads campaign
How to correctly set up a Primary Feed in your Merchant Center
- Go to your Merchant Center and click on “Add Primary Feed”.
- The following screen will be shown. If you click on the (red) circled notification, you will see that your Feed Label will automatically get: “ – ”.
- The steps you should follow:
A. Fill in your target country. E.g., the Netherlands
B. Fill in your language. E.g., Dutch
C. Fill in the country code of your target country. E.g., NL
Note: your feed label must be in uppercase and cannot have spaces.
- Finish setting up your Primary Feed.
How to check whether a (correct) Feed Label is added
Go to your Primary Feed and click on “Settings”. If you didn’t add a Feed Label, “ – “ will be shown:
5. How to add a Feed Label if you didn’t add one: Click on the 3 dots (see arrow)
A. Fill in your target country + language. E.g., the Netherlands & Dutch
B. Fill in the country code of your target country. E.g., NL
Note: your feed label must be in uppercase and cannot have spaces. Target countries and their corresponding country codes:
|Target Country||Country code|
6. Delete the one without the Feed Label
How to select the Feed Label in your Google Ads campaign
1. Go to the Settings of your campaign and click on “Feeds”. Two options are shown.
2. Select “Switch to feed label”.
3. Select the intended country code
Your primary feed label is now ready
You should now be able to use your primary feed label. If you still have issues, feel free to contact our support team. We are the #1 premium CSS partner and have helped thousands of organizations to switch to Producthero CSS. We work with transparent pricing and offer a 30 day free trial. Next to the Google CSS program, you will also be able to use our Optimizer tool. This allows you to easily optimize your product titles and improve your ad performance.